MYOFASCIAL PAIN SYNDROME
- These people have taught, ropie bands of muscles in areas of pain. Deep pain that is made worse with stretching or straining/flexing the muscle.
- Commonly causes refered pain as muscles become weak, inflexible, and stiff with a decrease in range of motion.
- Overuse, psychological stress, heavy lifting or sustained seated workstation activity (sitting at a computer all day, everyday).
- No single causative factor.
- Poor posture, sitting for long periods, lack of sleep, general fatigue, hormonal changes, menopause, smoking, and obesity.
- Typically treated with NSAIDS, analgesics, muscle relaxants, anticonvulsants, tricyclic antidepressants, and botox injections.